Shopping for an Undermount Kitchen Sink?
We’ll help you find a suitable model.
Whether you are remodeling your kitchen or just looking to increase your home’s resale value, a good kitchen sink is essential. However, the wide array of shapes, sizes, and styles of under-mount sinks really complicate your choice.
To help you out, here’s our round-up of the best under-mount kitchen sinks in different styles and finishes for a wide range of kitchen needs.
Have a look!
What’s in this Buying Guide
- 1 What’s in this Buying Guide
- 2 Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks
- 3 Best Chef-Grade Sink Set: ZUHNE Modena Undermount Kitchen Sink
- 4 Best Utility Sink: Lordear Undermount Utility Sink
- 5 Best Granite Kitchen Sink: Kraus Quarza Kitchen Sink
- 6 Best Double Bowl Kitchen Sink: Ruvati Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 7 Best Single Bowl Kitchen Sink: Ruvati RVH7300 Undermount Kitchen Sink
- 8 Best Bar or Prep Kitchen Sink: MENSARJOR Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 9 Best Quartz Kitchen Sink: Elkay Quartz Classic Undermount Sink
- 10 Best Workstation Sink: Kraus Kore Kitchen Single Bowl
- 11 Best Handmade Kitchen Sink: APPASO Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- 12 Undermount Kitchen Sinks Buying Guide
- 13 Undermount Kitchen Sinks: Frequently Asked Questions
- 14 Final Verdict: What is the Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks Sold Today?
The sink is the most eye-catching aspect of any kitchen. Although it is one of the most important features of your cooking space, choosing a kitchen sink rarely gets the same amount of attention as a stove or a refrigerator.
In this buying guide, we review some of the best under-mount kitchen sinks and describe their features, pros, and cons. Each of the products we recommend is selected after comprehensive research.
There is a shopping guide, care and maintenance tips, and a FAQ section too.
Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks
Disclaimer: All links below go to Amazon.com
- Best Chef-Grade Sink Set: ZUHNE Modena Undermount Kitchen Sink
- Best Utility Sink: Lordear Undermount Utility Sink
- Best Granite Kitchen Sink: Kraus Quarza Kitchen Sink
- Best Double Bowl Kitchen Sink: Ruvati Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Best Single Bowl Kitchen Sink: Ruvati RVH7300 Undermount Kitchen Sink
- Best Bar or Prep Kitchen Sink: MENSARJOR Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Best Quartz Kitchen Sink: Elkay Quartz Classic Undermount Sink
- Best Workstation Sink: Kraus Kore Kitchen Single Bowl
- Best Handmade Kitchen Sink: APPASO Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
Best Chef-Grade Sink Set: ZUHNE Modena Undermount Kitchen Sink
If you want a sleek yet heavy-duty under-mount kitchen sink, the ZUHNE Modena Undermount Kitchen Sink has a lot to offer. It is made with surgical-grade steel and comes with a lifetime warranty coverage and multiple accessories.
The ZUHNE Modena features R10 tight radius corners and a sloped base. Plus, it boasts 2.5 times better noise and thermal insulation.
- 16-gauge stainless steel
- Available in different sizes
- Comes with 4 different accessories
- R10 tight radius corners increase its aesthetics
The ZUHNE Modena Undermount Kitchen Sink features a solid stainless steel build. It is completely rustproof and anti-corrosive, so you don’t have to worry much about its cleaning and maintenance. A gentle 10-second wipe will have your ZUHNE Modena sparkling.
Since it lacks a divider, the ZUHNE is one of the largest sinks. It features 16-gauge steel with R10 tight radius corners and a 10-inch deep design.
The proprietary insulation cancels both noise and vibration and protects your expensive cabinetry from the ill effects of extremely hot or cold temperatures.
The ZUHNE Modena Undermount Kitchen Sink comes as a complete set with chef-grade accessories for cooking and washing. It is backed with a lifetime warranty, making it a worthwhile investment.
- Simple and easy to maintain
- Excellent insulation
- Durable and long-lasting
- No divider
- Prone to scratches
Best Utility Sink: Lordear Undermount Utility Sink
The Lordear Undermount Utility Sink is one of the most stylish and deepest sinks currently available on the market. It incorporates all the features of any high-end model yet comes at a very affordable price.
This Lordear under-mount sink model boasts sturdy steel construction with a heavy-duty sound guard undercoating and an anti-condensation layer to prevent rust and leakages.
- Available in two finishes – stainless steel and gunmetal black
- Depth of 12 inches
- Linear design gives it a modern look
- Sloped bottom and X-shaped drain grooves
While the Lordear Undermount Utility Sink looks like a typical utility sink, it is tougher and sturdier than most competitor models. It is made with T304 16-gauge durable stainless steel.
This Lordear sink is 1.5 mm thick and coated in a scratch- and dent-resistant, thick, commercial-grade brushed finish.
It is 12 inches deep and features a patented sloped bottom. The X-shaped drain grooves on the sink’s surface channel water towards the drain so it does not pool inside.
The Lordear sink is extremely quiet, thanks to the padded sound guard. Plus, it is insulated against temperature damage with an anti-condensation spray layer that also protects your cabinet from mold and mildew.
- High-quality construction
- Comes with a 304 stainless steel dish grid, basket strainer, stainless steel drying rack
- Sound guard padding and undercoating for superior noise proofing
- 16-gauge stainless steel construction
- Simple and elegant design
- Needs regular cleaning to retain its gleam
- Few accessories
Best Granite Kitchen Sink: Kraus Quarza Kitchen Sink
Kraus Quarza Kitchen Sink is one of the top-rated units from the reputable manufacturer. It features a sleek design and is constructed out of granite. You can choose between 4 colors, each equally stunning.
Kraus Quarza is a double bowl sink with an elegant, curved divider. The sink itself is 10 inches deep and supports both under-mount and over-mount installation.
- Available in four color options (black, white, brown, gray)
- Premium granite composite construction
- UV stable material
- Dual mount design
The Kraus Quarza is a sturdy, shockproof, stain-resistant, and durable sink with an elegant design available in 4 finish options.
This under-mount kitchen sink really stands out for its unique double bowl design. Unlike other double bowl sinks, Kraus Quarza features a curved divider that gives off an eye-catching aesthetic.
Another reason for its popularity is the premium granite composite construction. The 80% natural quartz maximizes its durability with the look and feel of real stone.
Kraus Quarza is highly resistant to scratches, thanks to the thermal finishing process. It ensures that your basin withstands high heat, chemicals, discoloration, and heavy use.
This Kraus unit is exceptionally great at resisting thermal shocks too. The large bowl can handle all types of utensils. Plus, it features a handy basket for trapping food particles.
- Thick stone construction
- Spacious bowl
- Durable and sturdy
- Extremely quiet
- Gently sloped base for better water drainage
- Verified customers complain about receiving defective units
- No accessories included
Best Double Bowl Kitchen Sink: Ruvati Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
As its name suggests, Ruvati Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink is a model with two equal-sized bowls. It features durable T-304 grade stainless steel construction and comes in a brushed finish that efficiently hides any scratches.
This Ruvati double sink also includes 2 rinse grids and 2 basket strainers. Plus, it comes with limited lifetime warranty coverage.
- 50/50 bowl division
- Brushed finish hides scratches
- Undercoating and padding dampen the noise
- 8 inches deep
Ruvati Undermount 50 /50 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink is a full-size sink that can handle a substantial load of utensils, allowing you to get the maximum washing done in one session.
Although it does not include many accessories, the accompanying stainless steel bottom rinse grids are great for protecting the sink from scratches. They also double as a drying rack for pans and pots.
The Ruvati 50/50 Double Bowl sink also incorporates a basket strainer drain in both bowls. These trap food waste, and you can later empty them into the trash can.
This Ruvati model also features noise-proof padding and sound guard undercoating. The clean design with two equal-sized bowls increases its usability.
- Equal-sized bowls
- 16-gauge thickness
- Gentle curved bottom for maximum water drainage
- Heavy-duty sound guard undercoating
- Looks good in all kitchen settings
- Limited accessories
- Not suitable for smaller kitchens
Best Single Bowl Kitchen Sink: Ruvati RVH7300 Undermount Kitchen Sink
The Ruvati Undermount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink comes from Ruvati’s celebrated Gravena collection. It features a modern, linear style with a rectangular bowl.
The RVH7300 is made out of 16-gauge stainless steel, making it both durable and long-lasting. A thick heavy-duty sound guard padding and spray-coating on the underside ensure maximum sound and thermal insulation.
- 30-inch width offers ample washing space
- Tight radius corners add a modern touch
- Decorative drain cover
The Ruvati under-mount sink stands out for its premium-quality construction and modern look. The 16-gauge thick T-304 grade stainless steel makes it virtually indestructible.
The Ruvati single bowl sink is further finished in a commercial-grade brushed coating that gives it a gleaming look.
With its tight radius corner, the RVH7300 is actually linear. There are no dividers, so you have ample space to easily soak and clean your larger cookware and bakeware.
This Ruvati unit comes with a basket strainer, a decorative drain cover, a rinse grid, and a slanted bottom with drain grooves that channel water towards the drain.
- Sleek linear cuts
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- Deep single-bowl design
- Comes with a bottom drain grid
- X grooved bottom prevents water from pooling
- Verified customers complain about missing drain covers
- Needs regular maintenance
Best Bar or Prep Kitchen Sink: MENSARJOR Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
MENSARJOR Single Bowl Kitchen Sink is a premium-quality handmade option that can fit in a home, bar, or even outdoors for barbeque parties.
It is constructed with 16-gauge stainless steel, and the commercial-grade finish improves both the look and durability of this MENSARJOR bar or prep kitchen sink.
- 9 inches deep
- 16-gauge thickness
- Premium T-304 stainless steel build
- Available in different sizes
The MENSARJOR Single Bowl Kitchen Sink is one of the most favorite bar sinks currently available on the market. It features a sleek linear design with tight radius corners. It has an elegant and eye-catching design and is also pretty easy to clean.
The MENSARJOR sink boasts a solid 16-gauge premium T304 stainless steel build. The company made sure it is both durable and noiseless by using soft rubber noise reduction pads.
And, an anti-condensation coating isolates the condensate and absorbs the sound from the source.
The artisans who made this MENSARJOR sink thoughtfully incorporated a slightly tilted bottom into its design so that water doesn’t stand in the bowl.
The sink also comes with a multi-functional dish grid, a high-quality kitchen towel, and a three-piece basket strainer waste.
- Commercial-grade brushed finish makes it very beautiful
- Heavy-duty and virtually indestructible
- Lifetime warranty support
- Simple to clean and maintain
- Comes with a multi-functional stainless steel dish grid that protects the sink bottom
- Not all the food waste makes it to the drain
- Not great for big kitchens
Best Quartz Kitchen Sink: Elkay Quartz Classic Undermount Sink
On the lookout for a colored kitchen sink?
The Elkay Quartz Classic Greystone Undermount Sink comes in a variety of colors that compliment any kitchen decor. It is molded from fine quartz sand, making it resistant to banging, chipping, and scratches.
Elkay Quartz Kitchen Sink has a heat threshold of 535°F. You can cook and entertain in style with this conveniently-sized basin.
- Can withstand heat up to 535°F
- Offset drain placement
- Naturally quiet
- High-quality fine quartz sand construction
If you want a deep and large sink for your cooking needs, the Elkay Quartz Classic Kitchen Sink is a good option. It comes in various colors, so you can find a suitable one for the kitchen. All the available colors are UV stable, so they won’t fade away.
The Elkay Quartz is made out of fine quartz sand that increases its durability and makes it extremely sound absorbent.
Besides looking great, the Elkay Quartz has a large and deep bowl that really reduces your workload. You can load lots of utensils inside the bowl and wash them all in a single round. Be it dishes or pots; you can comfortably wash everything inside this Elkay sink.
One noteworthy feature of the Elkay Quartz Classic sink is its heat-proofing. It can withstand up to 535°F without a problem.
- Matches with the countertop for a seamless finish
- Stain-, scratch- and chip-resistant
- Absorbs most of the noise
- Deep and large bowl
- Easy to clean and maintain
- White sink is difficult to maintain
- No accessories included
Best Workstation Sink: Kraus Kore Kitchen Single Bowl
The Kraus Kore Kitchen Single Bowl is a complete 5-in-1 kitchen workstation that allows you to slide customized accessories across it. The spacious single-bowl basin comes with a bacteria- and odor-resistant cutting board, basket strainer, dish grid, and drain cover.
You can use the Kraus Kore to prepare food, protect your countertop from very hot pans and pots, and wash and dry dishes.
- 10 inches deep
- Complete workstation sink
- Available in different sizes
- 16-gauge stainless steel
The Kraus Kore is a very spacious single bowl kitchen sink with radius tight corners. And since it is an under-mount sink, it creates a seamless and beautiful transition from the countertop to the sink.
This Kraus unit boasts a TRU 16 stainless steel construction. Since this is the thickest stainless steel on the market, the high-quality material makes Kraus Kore resistant to dents and corrosion.
The sink comes as a 5-piece chef set designed to fulfill most of your kitchen needs.
Kraus Kore set includes a durable bamboo cutting board that is both bacteria- and odor-resistant. It slides into the integrated ledge, so you go about with the food prep at the sink.
A basket strainer captures food water from making its way into the drain, while a drain cover helps you create a soap bath for soaking the dishes.
Meanwhile, a dish grid prevents dishes from scratching your shiny Kraus Kore.
Lastly, the roll-up dish drying rack also slides into the ledge.
Kraus Kore Kitchen Single Bowl sink is an all-in-one product that serves multiple purposes. The included accessories really help make tasks around the kitchen easy.
- Equipped with NoiseDefend soundproofing technology
- Protective undercoating absorbs vibrations and noise
- Included bamboo cutting board doesn’t crack or warp
- Increases valuable counter space
- Rust-resistant finish
- Scratches easily
Best Handmade Kitchen Sink: APPASO Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
APPASO Single Bowl Kitchen Sink can deal with lots of heavy-duty work. If you are a passionate cook, you will find it a sturdy and reliable model to work with.
The APPASO sink features a large single bowl with an advanced noise dampening technique. It is handmade, and its craftsmanship focuses on each detail, making it unique in the sea of stainless steel sinks.
- 10 inches deep
- 1.5mm thick stainless steel construction
- R10 tight radius corners
- 95° straight sides
We really liked the APPASO Single Bowl Kitchen Sink because of its sturdy build. Molded with T-304 stainless steel with a TRU 16-gauge, this is one of the strongest and reliable models out there and probably the quietest, too.
This APPASO sink uses original anti-noise technology with thick heavy-duty coating and extra-thick rubber padding that covers almost the entire underside. It absorbs most of the noise made by utensil collision and dishwashing.
The APPASO Kitchen Sink features tight radius R10 rounded corners, and that, combined with the 30-inch width of the sink, gives you ample space to work or accommodate larger pots. It is both deep and big, so even if you collect the whole day’s dishes, it will fit them easily.
- Thick and high-quality stainless steel build
- Equipped with a silencer pad
- Accommodates most dishes and bigger pots
- Treated with high-tech non-stick satin nickel
- Easy to clean with a light rub
- Prone to rust and scratches if not maintained
- Shows water marks very easily
Undermount Kitchen Sinks Buying Guide
What Is an Undermount Kitchen Sink?
Unlike drop-in sinks, an under-mount kitchen sink installs in your kitchen from within the cabinet. You don’t place the sink in the countertop hole; instead, you apply silicone along its edges and place the sink in the cabinet below the cut-out in your countertop.
You have to attach the mounting brackets from above and wait around 24 hours for the silicon to dry before using the sink.
Why Buy an Undermount Kitchen Sink vs. Other Kinds?
Undermount kitchen sinks are a popular choice for both residential and commercial kitchens. They not only look good but also have many practical benefits.
Here’s why they are better than other kinds:
One of the top reasons why most homeowners opt for an under-mount sink is its clean lines. It sits below the kitchen slab, with no raised edge or lip interrupting the flow of the counter.
A drop-in sink sits atop the counter, which ruins its overall appearance to some extent.
With an under-mount sink, you get clean and crisp lines that increase the aesthetics and give your kitchen a modern and contemporary feel.
Easy to Clean
The raised outer rim of a drop-in kitchen sink prevents the water from flowing back into the sink. All the water that makes its way under this edge becomes an excellent breeding ground for germs and other harmful microbes. These crevices also tend to gather dust.
With an under-mount sink, this is not a problem. It features clean, sleek lines that do not interrupt the water flow. Also, the lack of crevices means no dirt accumulation, so you can clean it more easily.
Free up Counter Space
The edges of a drop-in sink take up about 2-3 inches of available counter space. On the other hand, an under-mount sink helps you save that valuable space by sitting within the countertop.
While the 2-3 inches of space may not make much of a difference, it does come in handy for placing water filters, soap dispensers, etc.
What to Look for in an Undermount Kitchen Sink
By now, you know that under-mount kitchen sinks come in various sizes, shapes, and finishes. A few models even boast some special features that make them unique.
So, how do you find an appropriate one for yourself? In this section, we discuss some features to look for in an under-mount kitchen sink.
The dimensions of the under-mount sink are always the first thing to look for. You don’t want to be stuck with a unit that is too big or too small to fit inside your cut-out. But, you also have to make sure it can handle all of your kitchen needs, including cleaning and cooking.
To find the right size, first, measure your under-sink cabinet.
Next, think of the biggest cooking pan or pot you use.
Now, use it as a guide to find a suitable sink that will work with your available cabinet space, too.
Gauge refers to the thickness of the metal used in the construction of the sink. The lower the gauge number, the higher the thickness and vice versa. Most thin sinks have a 22 to 23 gauge, while thicker ones boast 18 to 19 gauge.
Your goal should be to find a thick sink with a lower gauge. Such a model is not just durable and sturdy, but it is also quieter than its thin counterpart.
The material of an under-mount sink is another essential consideration.
Most people actually pay more attention to the design without paying much attention to the construction material. But it should be the other way around.
If you want to purchase a quality sink, you should first decide on its material and then choose the design.
You’ll find under-mount sinks made with granite, steel, porcelain, and more.
Each of these materials has its own benefits and shortcomings. We suggest you know about them first and then decide on the one you want to purchase.
Different under-mount sink materials have different heat tolerance thresholds.
For example, metal is highly conductive, so it easily heats up when exposed to hot water, while granite doesn’t heat up too much.
It is important to find a sink with high heat resistance because a sink with lower heat tolerance is more susceptible to damage.
Very high or cold temperatures can easily cause it to crack, bend, or melt.
We are all too familiar with the obnoxious clanging noises of dishes and other objects hitting the side of the sink. The good news is, you can find an under-mount sink with a different kind of material that softens the noise.
Plus, some models incorporate several noise reduction features, such as a special rubber padding that cancels noise or certain kinds of coatings on the base and sides of the sink to dampen the noise.
You should also choose such a model and say to enjoy a much quieter dishwashing experience.
Pros and Cons: Undermount Kitchen Sinks
While an under-mount sink is great for keeping its contents hidden, certain problems discourage people from installing one of these in their kitchen.
Here are both aspects of an under-mount kitchen sink to help you make an informed choice.
- Since they install from inside the under-sink cabinet, their rims are completely invisible
- Generally deeper, which allows them to stay hidden
- Cleaning is easier because there are no crevices or edges to clean
- Available in a wide variety of sizes and styles
- Freedom to decide faucet placement
- Add to the style and overall aesthetic of your kitchen
- Generally more expensive than drop-in models
- Tricky and complicated installation
Cleaning and Maintenance: Undermount Kitchen Sinks
Now that you have a shiny new under-mount kitchen sink, it’s important that you clean it to maintain its luster.
Here are some tips for cleaning and maintaining your under-mount kitchen sink:
- Regardless of its material, you should clean a kitchen sink immediately after using it. This prevents limescale build-up and rusting.
- Always clean the sink in the direction of brushing. Look at it from an angle to find the right direction. Never use circular movements as they can permanently change the surface structure.
- To get rid of limescale build-up, use some vinegar or lemon-based cleaning agent.
- Give your stainless steel sink a basic clean with a suitable polishing agent every 3 to 4 weeks.
- Never use aggressive cleaning agents, steel wool, prickly brushes, or bleach containing hypochlorite to clean your sink. These materials can permanently damage your sink’s surface.
Undermount Kitchen Sinks: Frequently Asked Questions
Are Undermount Kitchen Sinks Reliable?
Yes, under-mount kitchen sinks are extremely reliable.
Although this depends upon the strength of the glues and adhesives used in its installation as they hold the sink in place, the products available these days have strong adhesive chemicals. They are capable of forming a virtually unbreakable bond, making the sink both secure and stable.
Can you replace an under-mount sink without removing the countertop?
Sure, you can replace an under-mount sink without removing the countertop. But, the job is complex and tricky, so we recommend getting a professional granite expert to carry out the replacement.
What should I use to seal my under-mount kitchen sink?
Whether you install the under-mount sink yourself or hire a professional, it is important to seal it to prevent water from getting into the gaps. You can use good, waterproof silicon along the edges and caulk to seal it against water damage.
How is an under-mount sink held in place?
Heavy-duty clips and caulk or a special adhesive hold an under-mount sink in place. These are applied on the rim of the sink and securely attach the rim to the underside of the kitchen countertop along the sink cut-out.
Final Verdict: What is the Best Undermount Kitchen Sinks Sold Today?
An under-mount sink really makes the transition between the sink and the countertop smooth and seamless, making it a great investment.
Out of the options we list above, we believe that the Kraus Kore Kitchen Single Bowl is the best under-mount sink currently available. It is a complete chef’s kit that offers a simple transition between a workstation and a sink.
But if you want a model with good noise and thermal insulation, go for the ZUHNE Modena Undermount Kitchen Sink.
And if you want a double-bowl sink, the Ruvati Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink is a great choice.