The elegance and convenience of a pull down kitchen faucet can add a touch of class to any home. Our experts reviewed some of the top picks available for the pull down kitchen faucet. We’ll help you navigate through the many options, and share our tips for what to look for.
Top 7 Best Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Comparison
The 10 Best Rated Pull Down Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
1. Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST
- Lasts 2X Longer: Patented Diamond Seal Technology Reduces Leak Points and Lasts...
- Magnetic Docking: Magnetite docking uses a powerful magnet to snap your kitchen...
- Powerful Spray: ShieldSpray Technology Cuts through stubborn messes with a...
- Easy Installation: Designed to fit single-hole or 3-hole, 8-in. configurations....
- Lifetime Limited Warranty. You can install with confidence, knowing this Delta...
The Delta 9178-AR-DST is one of our top picks. With an elegant brushed finished that adds class and prevents scratches, the Delta 9178 uses its patented Diamond seal technology. This means less leaks. In fact, they advertise that this technology holds up to 2 times longer.
One of the nice features of this model is the magnetic docking system. While other pull down faucets can droop over time, this MagnaTite system will keep the faucet in place for years to come.A convenient lip around the edge of the sprayer prevents splattering water.
They call this technology ShieldSpray and we find that it delivers on its promise. In short, Delta is good at finding competitor design flaws and fixing them. The 9178 is no exception, and we find its one of the best choices available on the market. With an easy to install setup for single or 3-hole sink designs, all the hardware you need is right in the bag.
2. Delta Cassidy 9197-AR-DST
- LASTS 2X LONGER: Patented DIAMOND Seal Technology reduces leak points and lasts...
- MAGNETIC DOCKING: MagnaTite Docking uses a powerful magnet to snap your kitchen...
- POWERFUL SPRAY: ShieldSpray Technology cuts through stubborn messes with a...
- EASY INSTALLATION: Designed to fit single-hole or 3-hole, 8-in. configurations....
- LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: You can install with confidence, knowing this kitchen...
The Cassidy 9197-AR-DST is another fine example of Delta’s innovations. Though not so different from its cousin model 9178-AR-DST, we’re mentioning it here to highlight some important distinctions. Available in 6 finishes, the 9197-AR-DST brings class.
Featuring a 20 inch extension hose, the Delta can be utilized in the entire range of the kitchen sink. A magnetic docking system allows quick and secure retraction while easy-clean, rubber-tipped spray holes minimize mineral build up at the spout. This makes cleaning this model one of the easiest we’ve seen. Just running your finger along the edge is enough to keep things spic and span.
We ran this faucet through a gamut of tests and can see that Delta’s Diamond Seal technology actually does hold up to its claims. Namely, that seals on the Delta line of faucets will stand the test of time 2 times longer than others.
3. HG Talis 14872001
A simple but nice looking pull down faucet is the HG Talis 14872001. Though this model might not offer the modern look of some of its competitors, we think the HG Talis has a simple, classic approach.
Also featuring a magnetic docking system, the neck of the faucet rotates 150 degrees and offers an old school style with few bells and whistles. The laminar style spray offers a no air mixture ideal for minimizing splash. Though it might be limiting for some that this model has no spray function, others will find the simplicity a welcome invite.
With its narrow lines and minimalistic look, we find that this faucet tends to look slightly clinical. Something you might find in a hospital setting. That said, it does have a professional quality that some might be looking for, and is more affordable than some competitors.
4. Purelux Tulip KF3003
- Self-retracting 3-function spray head: Pause, Shower Spray, Stream
- 360° Rotating Spout, Quick Connect Hoses, Ceramic cartridge - 500,000 cycle...
- Install with or without deck plate (included), fits 1 or 3 hole installations.
- Water lines were pre-fitted, quick Installation Wrench included, the...
- Please note: the minimum installation clearance to backsplash is 2". If there...
The Purelux Tulip KF3003 offers some great features and specs that other models don’t. With a 3-mode faucet head including pause, shower and stream, all the settings you’ll need are at your fingertips.
We like this diversity, and with a price tag that is far less than the competition, this is a great option for those wanting to spruce up their kitchen. With a 360-degree rotating spout, quick installation kit and multiple options for the handle position, the KF3003 offers some great enhancements that even more expensive models lack.
Available in two colors, brushed nickel and chrome, the KF3003 can offer elegance and class. Though some comment that this piece is not the most robust and durable, we think for the price range it holds its own. You might find that the faucet hose does not retract as well as some of the higher end brands. That said, the KF3003 offers good features that surpass others and will save you money.
5. Kraus KPF-1650SS
- FLEXIBLE FUNCTIONALITY: Smooth-Retract Hose and Magnetic Docking Technology to...
- MAXIMUM DURABILITY:Eco-Friendly, Drip Free Cartridge and Heavy Duty Lead-Free...
- DUAL FUNCTION: Pull down sprayer with powerful spray & steady stream settings
- DIMENSIONS: Overall Height 26.25" with 8.63" Spout Reach
- LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY: Backed by Kraus Lifetime Warranty and Customer Care
The Nola Kraus KPF-1650SS is among our top picks. With a super modern look featuring a spring design winding up the neck, this model adds a modern look to any kitchen. Though this might not fit with an older kitchen, newer or remodeled homes will benefit from this style.
You’ll get the standard magnetic retractable hose system and two levels of spray. Built to last, this all stainless steel construction feels durable and has a lasting home appliance in mind.In addition to these features, the KPF-1650SS also offers an easy-clean design. With the rubber-tip nozzle, cleaning is as simple as a rub with your finger. The dirt and debris will easily fall away from the aerator. This is a nice feature, especially for kitchen faucets that get so much traffic.
6. Kohler K-560-VS
- Pull down kitchen faucet: Allows you to control water with one hand and reaches...
- 3 function spray head: Includes stream, boost, and sweep spray technologies....
- Easy install: Hose and spray head pre installed. Comes with flexible supply...
- Magnetic docking: Docknetic magnetic docking system securely locks the spray...
- Made to last: Ceramic disc valves exceed industry standards of longevity,...
The corrosion resistant Kohler K-560-VS offers a 3-level spray system with magnetic locking retraction. Though we find you’re probably paying a little more for the name brand here, this one might be worth it.
With a robust construction, we put this piece through the tests and liked what we saw. This piece feels well built, and we could tell it will stand the test of time. With an easy-to-install kit, everything you need is in the box.
The jets on this model are also a little stronger than the competition. When you shift modes with the spray nozzle, you can feel there is power here. That helps when cleaning heavily soiled dishes that have caked on dirt and grease. Kohler has also included an innovative ball-joint on the head of the retractable nozzle. This small feature actually adds quite a bit of ease when maneuvering the head around angles and in dishes.
7. Moen Arbor 7594SRS
- Spot Resistant: Spot Resist Stainless finish resists fingerprints and water...
- Boosted Stream: Moen’s exclusive power boost technology offers a faster clean...
- Retractable: Equipped with the reflex system for smooth operation, easy movement...
- Flexible Design: Designed to be installed through 1 or 3 holes; Escutcheon...
- Built to Last: Backed by Moen’s Limited Lifetime
Next up we have the Moen Arbor 7594SRS. Again, you might be paying slightly more here for the name brand. Still, the trusted name of Moen has a leg to stand on. With a strong body housing and sturdy controls, this piece has a touch of class and quality.
We found that the spray on this model is particularly strong and surpassing competitors in its class. They claim it has 50% more spraying power than others. Though we can’t verify that exact number, it defiantly does feel more powerful than others we tested. As a result of this power though, you might find that water splashes a little bit more than with other models.
The retraction of the nozzle head and hose has a smooth feel while the head rotates easily. When you’re finished with the nozzle head, the retraction has an automatic pull. This means no manually feeding the hose back into place. A small but convenient feature. The hose is also able to reach up to 68 inches making this model ideal for utilizing counter cleaning projects.
8. Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST
- Touch On. Touch Off. Messy Hands? Touch Anywhere on the Kitchen Spout with Your...
- Magnetic Docking: MagnaTite Docking Uses a Powerful Magnet to Snap Your Kitchen...
- Lasts 2X Longer: Patented Diamond Seal Technology Reduces Leak Points and Lasts...
- POWERFUL SPRAY: ShieldSpray Technology cuts through stubborn messes with a...
- Easy Installation: Designed to Fit Single-Hole or 3-Hole, 8-In. Configurations....
Last, but not least, is the Delta Faucet model 9178T-AR-DST. This is a fully automatic touch on/off facet. If your hands are dirty or you’ve been cooking, this is a nice feature that allows you to keep the faucet clean. It also aids in not spreading germs around your kitchen.
Anywhere you touch the faucet will turn it on. If you want to manually turn the faucet on, the traditional handle allows for that as well. One of the other cool features of this model is the LED water temperature sensor.
Based on how hot the water is, a color code will keep you posted. From across the room you can see how hot the water is. These impressive features, coupled with the retractable magnetic head, two-function spray nozzle and easy clean rubber aerator, make this our top pick. Though not that cheap, this model is surpassingly affordable considering its impressive features.
9. MOEN Hensley 87024MSRS
- 50 percent more spray power than most MOEN pulldown and pullout faucets
- Reflex system for easy maneuverability and secure self-retraction
- Compatible with a 1-, 2-, 3-, or 4-Hole Sink Configuration
This complete kitchen faucet has a duralast cartridge design that provides reliable operation and a smooth feel. It is a combination of high-quality materials and innovative engineering. Moen 87024MSRS Kitchen Faucet surpasses durability standards to withstand the toughest elements like hard water.
Reflex is designed to work the way you want it to be. It features a great range of motion. Its spray wand swivels to the enhanced maneuverable range. With its Reflex system, the pulldown faucet will retract back to its position from any distance without any help.The brand is partnering with environmental organizations and produce eco-friendly products. WaterSense like this product has a flow optimizing aerator thus it uses less water without affecting its performance.
10 VCCUCINE Best Modern Commercial Brushed Nickel Stainless Steel
- ✅MODERN DESIGN: sleek kitchen faucet design make your kitchen room minimalism...
- ✅DIMENSIONS: spout reach 7.1", spout height 5.5", overall height 7.9".
- ✅FEATURE BENEFITS: brushed nickel finish for resists tarnish and corrosion;...
- ✅POWERFUL FUNCTION: 2 sprayer setting button between spray and stream, spray...
- ✅EASY INSTALLATION: quick installation tool included, 3/8" H & C water hoses &...
This brand offers two modes with the spray head comes with it. The two modes include the sweep and stream spray mode. The sweep spray mode is best for rinsing the dirty dishes or the sink easily. The stream mode is very convenient when it comes to filling pans, pots and bowls.
The design is perfect for everyday use without any problem. The single handle design usually makes it easy to control the cold and hot water. You can choose easily which one to use depending on the application. It is easy to switch from one mode to another with its long button on the spray head.The Vccucine stainless steel faucet is very durable. Since it comes from a reliable company, you are assured that this product is very durable. This brand combines high-quality materials with great engineering so that you have the best product ever.
Buyer's Guide For Best Rated Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
We’ve reviewed for you what we think to be among a pull down kitchen faucets. With some impressive features and modern designs, you’re sure to find the right fit for your kitchen. Our top choices are the Delta Faucet 9178T-AR-DST and the Kohler K-560 VS. Both models offer a strong construction and elegant look that will fit nicely in any kitchen.
Both feature convenient additions and will stand the test of time while providing easy to use functionality. In general, this is not an inexpensive appliance to purchase.
Things To Keep In Mind
That said, all the models we’ve chosen will provide years of use. For a long-term investment in the beauty of your home, the price tags are reasonable. First, look for a design that you feel would compliment your kitchen. Then, decide on the features you’ll want to have, while not over paying for things you might never use.
While you can definitely spring for all the bells and whistles, if you don’t spend a lot of time in your kitchen, a standard model for dish washing and cooking will do just fine. If the kitchen sink is a thoroughfare for you and your family, you might want to go with a model that has an automatic on/off feature.
This helps to minimize the spread of germs and keeps your family healthy and safe. You’ll also want to choose a finish that minimizes the appearance of scratches. Nothing looks worse than a beaten down kitchen faucet after it’s taken a few dings. Brushed metal tends to hide the scars of time better than high polished ones.If dish washing is your main sink task, you’ll want to make sure you have enough water pressure. Nothing will be more frustrating than a weak pressure when trying to clear caked on grease. Multiple mode sprays help to build the pressure and remove dirt and grease easily from dirty dishes.
Frequently Asked Question – (FAQ)
Is the decorative plate needed for my kitchen faucet?
A decorative plate is used to conceal the holes around a one-handled faucet mounted on a kitchen sink. Drilling holes are required when installing the faucet. The plate covers these holes and completes the installation off perfectly. When buying the faucet, you need to check if it includes the escutcheon. If not you need to purchase one for the particular model of faucet.
How to keep your faucet clean?
You can use a simple solution of warm water and dish soap. Before cleaning the faucet makes sure it is dry. In removing the grime, you can use a solution of white vinegar and hot water in equal amount. Before cleaning the sink, test it first on your faucet. It will not cause any damage on the surface finish but it is best to check first.
How long does my faucet last?
A kitchen faucet is usually made of brass or stainless steel. Most brass faucets are coated with a great finish like chrome. Because of this, you can expect your faucet to last for 15 years.
What is a center-set faucet?
It has 2 handles and needs two holes to install them. The cold and hot water handles are positioned on either side of the spout. The controls and spout are installed into a metal plate that is mounted on the center of the counter or sink. This is recommended if you need separate controls for hot and cold water.
What is the difference between a pull-down and a pull-out faucet?A pull-down faucet and a pull-out faucet have the same uses but they work differently. The head of a pull-down faucet has the same free range as a hose so it is less flexible as compared to the pull-out sprayer. The pull-out faucet, on the other hand, has a removable head that can be pulled forward as the hose extends.
Good luck on your quest for a pull down kitchen faucet. With the information provided here, you’re now armed with the tools you’ll need to make a more informed decision. Take your time and read through the specs. There are many brands to choose from so make sure you’ve compared at least a few models before making your decision.