Aquacrest water filters have gained immense popularity due to their superior filtration systems. Moreover, aftermarket Aquacrest water filters are much cheaper than original equipment manufacturer (OEM) filters. These filters have also made a name for themselves in the market and among users for their durability, high performance, and thorough water filtration mechanism.
The Aquacrest water filter removes lead and other heavy metals to provide healthy drinking water. The reduction of chlorine reduces foul odor and makes the water more pleasant to drink.
Since the filtration process of the Aquacrest filter relies primarily on activated carbon, it is a basic water filter. It is leakproof and has a frame that goes with most water filter units. This water filter has NSF certification, making it more trustworthy.
So, if you are looking for an affordable and practical water filter, the Aquacrest filter is a great option.
Pros and Cons
- NSF certified
- Premium filtration materials
- Pleasant tasting water
- Effectively eliminates limescale
- Coconut-activated carbon guarantees purity
- Ion exchange for purification
- Water processing capacity of 100 gallons per filter
- Removes most common pathogens
- Less expensive than OEM filters
- Constructed using food-grade materials
- Easy to install
- It fits all PUR filters easily
- The rapid filtration process saves time
- Reduces up to 97.2% chlorine
- Removes sediment, large particles, color, and unpleasant odors
- Passed over 400 lab tests
- Very lightweight at 0.51 pounds
- It does not slow the water flow rate
- Leaves beneficial minerals in the water
- Works with both horizontal and vertical faucets
- Lead-free manufacturing
- Fine particles can escape
- A single filter lasts 3 months
The Aquacrest water filter has a few unique features and impressive performance. Here are some features that make it stand out:
The Aquacrest water filter is constructed from food-grade materials and feature coconut-activated carbon shells. They do not put your or your family’s health at risk.
This filter’s construction is completely BPA-free, making it completely safe to use in your kitchen.
This Aquacrest water filter promises premium water purification and thoroughly filters both organic and inorganic impurities. It effectively removes heavy metals like lead and aluminum, as well as rust and other pollutants that might come through the main water supply.
The activated carbon in this filter removes organic impurities like bacteria and other pathogens too.
PUR Filter Replacement
The Aquacrest filter is a cost-effective replacement for your PUR water filters, and it has the same measurements and functional efficiency as PUR filters. So, you do not have to invest in PUR or any other OEM filters that cost a lot.
This package of 3 aftermarket filter cartridges is quite inexpensive than original brand filters.
Improved Water Flow
This water filter by Aquacrest does not restrict the flow of water in any way. Rather, it improves the water flow once you install it on your kitchen faucet, so you will have no complaints there.
The Aquacrest water filter comes with many international certifications, increasing its trustworthiness.
The NSF and ANSI certifications ensure chlorine reduction and lead removal. They also certify that no harmful materials are used in its construction, giving you peace of mind.
The Aquacrest filter thoroughly removes dust and pollutants, leaving behind crystal clear water with no unpleasant odor or taste. So, you get to enjoy refreshing and healthy water with this water filter.
This water filter by Aquacrest has a minimalistic design. The dimensions of 2.4 x 2.4 x 4.2 inches make it compact and practical. The filter has a sleek appearance and does not make your faucet or sink look crowded.
One distinctive feature of the Aquacrest water filter is that it eliminates limescale from water. Usually, when you boil water, this layer of lime sticks to the sides of pots and can be hard to get rid of.
However, you don’t have to worry about that with this filter.
This Aquacrest water filter is highly efficient when it comes to chlorine removal. It removes up to 97.2% chlorine from water. It improves the color of water while removing foul odors.
The Aquacrest filter is different from other water filters in terms of faucet orientation as well.
Most other filters fit either horizontal or vertical faucets. However, this filter can fit both horizontal and vertical faucets, so you do not have to invest in a new faucet to use this filter.
Installing water filters can be tricky as they have sensitive parts in their construction. However, this Aquacrest filter comes fully assembled, so installing it is easy and quick.
The Aquacrest water filter weighs only 0.51 pounds. It does not put any unnecessary strain on your kitchen faucet. So, you do not have to worry about any dents or damage to the faucet.
Another great thing about this Aquacrest water filter is that it is leakproof. The filter fits into most faucets so well that there are no leaks. This filter also prevents water from dipping once you close the faucets. So, it helps prevent the wastage of water.
Issues & Concerns
The Aquacrest water filter is pretty reliable, but it has a few issues. These include:
The Aquacrest water filter works amazingly well when it comes to removing major impurities from water. It can effectively eliminate large dust particles from water, but some very fine particles pass through.
For this reason, you may need a secondary filtration process, especially if you get heavily polluted water.
Frequent Replacement Required
Since each filter lasts for three months, you have to replace it more frequently than similar OEM filters.
Luckily, there are 3 filter cartridges in each package, so you do not have to worry about buying a new one every few months.
Care and Maintenance
Proper maintenance holds key importance when it comes to the durability and reliability of water filters. You have to care for the Aquacrest water filter to ensure a smooth supply of clean water.
Here are some tips for maintaining your Aquacrest water filter:
- Install the water filter following the instructions on the manual that comes with it. After installation, flush the filter with water for 3 minutes to remove bubbles.
- The manufacturer recommends replacing the filters after 3 months. You can set a reminder for replacements to avoid any inconvenience or risks.
- Always buy filter-compatible cartridges to make the most out of the water filters. These Aquacrest filters go best with systems that accommodate PUR filters.
- Store the water filters in a dry place. Prevent exposure to sunlight as prolonged exposure to UV rays can damage the filters.
- Avoid reusing the filters after you remove them, even if the 3-month duration has not passed yet. It jeopardizes the functioning and reliability of filtration.
- If you notice pollutants in filtered water before the required time passes, you must change the filter. It may be because you use more water than average users or because the water in your area is more contaminated. Whatever the cause, to ensure that you keep getting clean and pure water, you must replace the filter timely.
Aquacrest does not offer a warranty on the water filters as they are aftermarket products.
- Removes heavy metals and chlorine
- Coconut-activated carbon filters
- Eradicates foul taste and odor
- It fits horizontal and vertical faucets
- Leakproof construction prevents dripping
- 100% food-grade construction
- It weighs only 0.51 pounds
- Dimensions of 2.4 x 2.4 x 4.2 inches
- BPA-free manufacturing
- Each filter lasts 3 months
- ANSI and NSF certified
- Replaces PUR filters
- Advanced filtration technology
- Compatible with original brand faucets
Where to Buy
You can buy the Aquacrest water filter from Amazon.